(Effective & last modified October 3, 2012)
A.INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you, but that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Website, using our online store, or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of non-personally identifiable information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personally identifiable information about you from information that you provide us. We also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information from you when you access our Website – e.g., IP addresses, your web browser, which website you were on before you visited our Website, your computer operating system, the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
B.HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or events or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“”affiliated companies””), or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth below in Section I.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including to help analyzed site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities (see “Preference Based Advertising” below), and to improve our services. We may use your non-personally identifiable information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personally identifiable information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others.
C.COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(1) Cookies and Web Beacons: We automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and “web beacons” (also called “clear gifts” or “pixel tags”) to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Website. “Cookies” are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (1) it includes all the advertising networks that Roaring Lion may work with, but also many that Roaring Lion does not work with; and (2) it typically relies on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”) – for a general explanation of how Opt-out Cookies work, please click here. So, if you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
(1) IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. IP addresses are considered non-personally identifiable information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
(2) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. We may email you for many reasons, including, without limitation, emails in response to your request for a particular service or your registration for a feature that involves email communications, emails that relate to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), informational emails about our other products, services, or events, or when you consent to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below.
(3) Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
(4) Other: We always reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please Contact Us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
G.KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
I.CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
If you are contacted by an individual or company claiming to be Roaring Lion and offering you employment, gift cards or some other promotion in exchange for personal information and/or payment – PLEASE DISREGARD as they are not authorized Roaring Lion representatives or programs, and may be an unlawful attempt to obtain your information or money.
(Effective & last modified October 3, 2012)
1. INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3. ACCESS AND USE
(A) We may offer certain portions of our Services at no charge (e.g., Websites) and others (e.g., mobile Applications) for a one-time fee, on a subscription basis or under any other lawful pricing structure. In all instances, our Services are not being sold to you; rather, you are being granted a limited license to use our Services. In addition, the license to use of any of our paid Services does not necessarily transfer across operating systems and/or different equipment (e.g., mobile devices, computers, etc.). For example, unless we specifically tell you otherwise, the use of any of our mobile Applications is limited to the relevant device and/or operating system you are using at the time you purchase the license to use the Application.
(i) remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice we include in or through our Services or Service Content;
(ii) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict the use of or copying of any software or other Service Content;
(iii) use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Website or Service Content for any purpose without our express written permission;
(iv) collect or harvest any personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from our Services including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
(v) solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
(vi) attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Services or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
(vii) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of our software or other Service Content, or our Services;
(viii) use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from our Services;
(ix) encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined below));
(x) violate U.S. export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
(xi) engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Services.
4. USER REGISTRATION & PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
(A) IN ORDER TO ACCESS OR USE SOME FEATURES OF OUR SERVICES, YOU MAY HAVE TO BECOME A REGISTERED USER. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN (13), THEN YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REGISTER AS A USER, SIGN UP FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES (SEE BELOW), OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE US ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(B) If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”). You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to contact us at Contact Us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
5. USER CONTENT
(A) We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available through our Services (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, data, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published through our Services. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
(B) You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
(C) You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
(i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
(ii) impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable, or otherwise violates any applicable law;
(iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
(iv) is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
(v) includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
(vi) contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
(vii) is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Services will not be permitted.
(F) Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising, marketing, promotional, and other commercial purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners, marketing partners, accounts, and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
(G) We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
6. SERVICE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
(A) We provide our Services including, without limitation, Service Content for educational, entertainment and/or promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed through any of our Services for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of any Service Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Service Content.
(B) Any health related Service Content available is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Roaring Lion does not warrant the validity of any such health related statements found on or through our Services. All such information is general in nature and may be helpful to some persons but not others, depending upon their personal needs. You should always consult with your physician prior to changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on or through our Services.
(C) In many instances, Service Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered through our Services by anyone other than our authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
(D) Our Services may link or contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES AND SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ROARING LION PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SERVICES; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SERVICES; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) WILL BE CORRECTED.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
(C) In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. COPYRIGHT POLICY
(A) We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users suspected to be infringing the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
(B) In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
Attn: General Counsel
8000 Wheatland Ave, #J
Sun Valley, CA 91352
Phone: (818) 243-8200
Fax: (818) 243-8201
(C) If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
12. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION & MANDATORY ARBITRATION
(A) We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to contact us with disputes by contacting us at the address provided in Section 11(B). We will contact you based on the contact information you have provided us.
(B) If after 30 days the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the dispute may only be submitted to arbitration consistent with this Section. The parties understand that they would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but they choose to have any disputes resolved through arbitration.
(C) We each agree that any claim or dispute between us, and any claim by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not signatories to this agreement, whether related to this agreement or otherwise, including past, present, and future claims and disputes, and including any dispute as to the validity or applicability of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the JAMS under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from JAMS’ website (www.jamsadr.com) or by calling JAMS at 949-224-1810.
(D) We are entering into this arbitration agreement in connection with a transaction involving interstate commerce. Accordingly, this arbitration agreement and any proceedings thereunder shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
(E) Exception to Arbitrate. Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court. Further, as set forth below, we each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and Roaring Lion, not as part of a classwide claim (i.e., not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the classwide dispute must be brought in court.
14. NO CLASS ACTIONS
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
15. NO TRIAL BY JURY
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
16. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
(A) No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
If you are contacted by an individual or company claiming to be Roaring Lion and offering you employment, gift cards or some other promotion in exchange for personal information and/or payment – PLEASE DISREGARD as they are not authorized Roaring Lion representatives or programs, and this may be an unlawful attempt to obtain your information or money.